Did someone say – “Yarn, stash, fiber, handspun, sock, worsted, fingering, bulky, lace, cobweb, thread, or roving”? I love to shop for yarn, even when I don’t have a project in mind.
My stash is ridiculous, I know it is.
- About 30% of it has been from gifts and swaps, so those don’t count.
- Another 30% is sock yarn – doesn’t count either.
- Inherited 10% or so when a knitter passes away – I try to use this for charity.
- Maybe 10% would be considered leftovers from finished projects
- Remaining 20% I take full responsibility for! So, then it’s not really that out of hand at all.
If you want to discuss my stash there are 2 rules:
- Admiring, canoodling and squeezing are permitted and encouraged
- The quantity is only allowed to be mentioned in positive ways.
I shop online often, but I do love a good squeeze once in a while so then I get my fix at a few local shops. I am new to this state, so I’m still discovering where I like to go….
- Downtown Knits – Apex, NC – I love this shop, mostly because it’s got some very interesting things and they also sell fabric.
- Warm ‘n Fuzzy – Adorable store with friendly little dogs to greet cutomers. Always something going on here, sign up for the mailing list!
Then a few online places…
- The Loopy Ewe – AMAZING customer service and lightning fast shipping.
- Dizzy Sheep – One sweet deal, every day.
- Little Knits – Oh, wow the deals!
- Webs – Love the volume discounts when I need to make some large projects, like sweaters or gifts.
- Smiley’s – Discounts on the everyday yarns. $50 min, but great prices for sweaters and afghans.
Where do you shop?